Prime Minister Modi recently launched DD Kisan Channel, which would provide information about best agricultural practices and related content. It is Doordarshan’s channel dedicated exclusively to farmers.
About the Channel:
- Kisan Channel would facilitate the farmers in providing information regarding the policy initiatives undertaken in the Agriculture sector.
- It is the first such initiative of a Public Broadcaster to start a 24 hour channel exclusively dedicated to the farmers.
- The platform would enable the benefits of technology accruing to the farmers.
- This channel would inform, educate and update the farmers with the latest developments in the area of farming on a 24×7 basis.
- The non-Hindi speaking farming community would also be benefitted by the launch of Kisan channel as the various programmes would also be available in other regional languages.
- Advice of IMD Scientists and Agricultural Scientists would be broadcast periodically for the farmers so that they may know about the crop diseases, ways to protect crops from various diseases and on how to increase the crop yield.
- The Channel will give information on newer ways of agricultural practices being followed world over and the R&D in the agri sector across the world.
- The Channel has tie up with IMD, IARI, Agricultural Universities, Krish Vigyan Kendras etc.
Sources: The Hindu, PIB.