According to the Forbes’ 12th annual list, four Indians are among the world’s 100 most powerful women who are “transforming the world”.
- The list is topped by German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
The top 10 include:
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- S. presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton.
- Philanthriopist Melinda Gates. (wife of bill gates)
- Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen.
- GM CEO Mary Barra.
- IMF Chief Christine Lagarde.
- Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff.
- Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg.
- YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki.
- S. First Lady Michelle Obama.
Indians in the list:
- SBI Chief Arundhati Bhattacharya.
- ICICI bank head Chanda Kochhar.
- Biocon founder Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw.
- HT Media Chair Shobhana Bhartia.
Merkel has made it to the list 10 times over the past 12 years — nine times as No 1.
Sources: The Hindu.