Topic:Salient features of Indian Society; poverty and developmental issues; Effects of globalization on Indian society
1) According to recent Global Slavery Index, vulnerability of the average Indian citizen to modern slavery is rated at 56.7 per cent. Why do you think such high rate of vulnerability exists in India? Also examine the role of NHRC in addressing the issue of modern slavery. (200 Words)
1) Definition of Modern slavery
2) Why it is exists in India?
- Social Disparity….untouchability still exist
- Policy paralysis
- Higher Rural population than urban and lack of facility and their migration
- More conservative approach than liberal]
3) What is NHRC (Human Right)?
4) NHRC role
- engage in human rights education in society
- encourage the efforts of NGOs
- intervene in court proceeding